Since 2018, the Iraqi Al-Amal Association has been partnering with YouthBuild International, Caritas Iraq, and project leader Catholic Relief Services to implement the USAID-funded Shared Future project in five project locations in the Ninewa Plains. The goal of the initiative is to help diverse and cohesive Ninewa Plains communities attain durable returns. The project was designed as a pilot to test approaches to fostering durable returns and to identify promising practices that could be scaled. IAA and YBI have led the youth livelihoods training component of the project. To date, 300 youth have participated in the youth livelihoods training, including leadership training, 12 weeks of either work readiness or entrepreneurship training, and 12 weeks of coaching as youth start up small business enterprises or work in internships. Given positive results to date, the project has been extended for the next three years, and IAA is looking to hire new positions to help implement the livelihoods component of the project.
Help support young people to have a successful experience in the program. Work collaboratively with project team to help ensure the smooth functioning of the program and schedule on a day to day basis. Assist with administrative, program, and monitoring and evaluation responsibilities as requested. Please send CV as soon as possible to Iraqi Al Amal association at:
- Ability to establish rapport with young people and to relate to needs of diverse young people, with respect and sensitivity;
- Provide organizational and administrative support as requested throughout the program;
- Help ensure project deadlines are met;
- Draft reports and collect data as requested;
- Manage program records and administer field employers further to specify all office needs.
- Assist in Implementation of project activities in accordance with work plan.
- Prepare administrative documents, collect and compile inputs to documents.
- Perform any other duties as required.
- Job shift: full time daily attendance, 5 days per week.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Economic and administration – Business administration
- Spoken and written English fluency required.
- Experience for 5 years and more with INGOs or NGOs as a project assistant or manager for livelihoods projects in Nineveh plains or Mosul.
- Reliability and discretion: you will often learn of confidential matters.
- Administrative experience, especially in livelihoods track.
- Strong computer, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Keen attention to detail and an aptitude for problem-solving; and
- Ability to proactively address potential issues and prioritize key tasks.
- Based in Nineveh plains and aware of all surrounding villages or sub-districts for project targeted locations (Qaraqosh-Nimroud-Bartella-Baashiqa-Talkayf-Telescuf and Wana).
Please follow below instruction to apply for the position:
- Please use current email address (email@example.com) to submit your CV.
- State the position headline and location you are interested to apply in email subject, Ex (Headline position) (Location) then send.
- Do not send multiple emails with for same position.
- Do not apply on behalf of other individuals.
- Submission ends in October 20 2020
Note: 6 month as initial contract duration with possibility for extension.