Since 2018, the Iraqi Al-Amal Association has been partnering with YouthBuild International, Caritas Iraq, and project leader Catholic Relief Services to implement the USAID-funded Shared Future project in five project locations in the Ninewa Plains. The goal of the initiative is to help diverse and cohesive Ninewa Plains communities attain durable returns. The project was designed as a pilot to test approaches to fostering durable returns and to identify promising practices that could be scaled. IAA and YBI have led the youth livelihoods training component of the project. To date, 300 youth have participated in the youth livelihoods training, including leadership training, 12 weeks of either work readiness or entrepreneurship training, and 12 weeks of coaching as youth start up small business enterprises or work in internships. Given positive results to date, the project has been extended for the next three years, and IAA is looking to hire new positions to help implement the livelihoods component of the project.
As part of a youth livelihoods program, selected candidate will be responsible for the delivery of the entrepreneurship training in accordance with the entrepreneurship curricula. Create, lead lessons and hands-on activities as necessary. Support young people with conceptualizing, planning, and developing innovative and viable business plans. Create a supportive program culture that motivates young people and encourages the development of their self-esteem and confidence. Please send CV as soon as possible to Iraqi Al Amal Association at: Iaa.email@example.com
- Ability to establish rapport with young people and to relate to needs of diverse young people, with respect and sensitivity;
- Deliver entrepreneurship training during 3-month training phase;
- Provide coaching and support as young people implement their business plans during 3-month coaching phase;
- Help young people develop entrepreneurship and small business management skills;
- Coach young people with developing viable micro-enterprise ideas and help them develop business plans;
- Support the placement of young people into entrepreneurial opportunities;
- Ability to motivate youth;
- Support all aspects of the Pilot program and participate in team activities; and,
- Other responsibilities in response to Project needs, including helping and supporting other staff with the training and management of youth as needed.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree or experience in Business Management or Entrepreneurship;
- Experience in facilitating training and leading participatory, hands-on activities for youth;
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills;
- Strong commitment to helping young people to succeed, develop livelihood skills, and to make a difference in their community;
- Experience working with youth in local community settings; and,
- Experience with entrepreneurship and small business development and training/coaching preferred.
Please follow below instruction to apply for the position:
- Please use current email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) to submit your CV.
- State the position headline and location you are interested to apply in email subject, Ex (Headline position) (Location) then send.
- Do not send multiple emails with for same position.
- Do not apply on behalf of other individuals.
- Submission ends in October 20 2020
Note: 6 month as initial contract duration with possibility for extension.