Community Mobilizer (1 position available for Qaraqosh)
Since 2018, the Iraqi Al-Amal Association has been partnering with YouthBuild International, Caritas Iraq, and project leader Catholic Relief Services to implement the USAID-funded Shared Future project in five project locations in the Ninewa Plains. The goal of the initiative is to help diverse and cohesive Ninewa Plains communities attain durable returns. The project was designed as a pilot to test approaches to fostering durable returns and to identify promising practices that could be scaled. IAA and YBI have led the youth livelihoods training component of the project. To date, 300 youth have participated in the youth livelihoods training, including leadership training, 12 weeks of either work readiness or entrepreneurship training, and 12 weeks of coaching as youth start up small business enterprises or work in internships. Given positive results to date, the project has been extended for the next three years, and
Help support young people to have a successful experience in the program. Work collaboratively with project team to help ensure the smooth functioning of the program and schedule on a day to day basis. Assist with administrative, program, and monitoring and evaluation responsibilities as requested. Please send CV as soon as possible to Iraqi Al Amal association at: Iaa.email@example.com
- Mange relations with young people, parents, families, and community members;
- Support all aspects of program implementation, from recruitment of young people, enrollment, training, and coaching. Deliver training as necessary.
- Problem-solve as required to ensure a high quality program experience for all program participants;
- Document program successes and challenges and communicate frequently with IAA team;
- Attend daily/ weekly staff meetings & briefings; and,
- Other responsibilities in response to program needs.
- Facilitate IAA’s works in targeted locations (Qaraqosh) and finalize procedures regarding registration in local governmental authorities.
- Manage to support in all logistical issues with field teams as needed
- Strong and good relations with diverse young people, taking in consideration respect and sensitivity;
- Strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills;
- Strong commitment to helping young people to succeed, develop livelihood skills, and to make a difference in their community; and
- Experience working youth in a local community setting.
- Good communication skills.
- Familiar with the Ninewa Plains. Strong knowledge of local communities and key stakeholders.
- Academic degree in related field.
- Position will be located in the Ninewa Plains. Resident of Ninewa Plains, or capacity to commute.
Please follow below instruction to apply for the position:
- Please use current email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) to submit your CV.
- State the position headline and location you are interested to apply in email subject, Ex (Headline position) (Location) then send.
- Do not send multiple emails with for same position.
- Do not apply on behalf of other individuals.
- Submission ends in October 20 2020