Entrepreneurship Trainer (1 positions available in Bartella) Position only for females
In partnership with Catholic Relief Services and other organizations, Iraqi Al Amal Association (IAA) is supporting an initiative to help diverse youth in the Ninewa Plains achieve productive livelihoods. This initiative is part of a broader program to better understand the barriers and enablers to durable returns in the region while increasing mutual understanding and trust among diverse tribal, religious, and ethnic groups in the Ninewa Plains.
As part of a youth livelihoods program, selected candidate will be responsible for the delivery of the entrepreneurship training in accordance with the entrepreneurship curricula. Create, lead lessons and hands-on activities as necessary. Support young people with conceptualizing, planning, and developing innovative and viable business plans. Create a supportive program culture that motivates young people and encourages the development of their self-esteem and confidence. Please send CV as soon as possible to Iraqi Al Amal Association at: Iaa.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ability to establish rapport with young people and to relate to needs of diverse young people, with respect and sensitivity;
- Deliver entrepreneurship training during 3-month training phase;
- Provide coaching and support as young people implement their business plans during 3-month coaching phase;
- Help young people develop entrepreneurship and small business management skills;
- Coach young people with developing viable micro-enterprise ideas and help them develop business plans;
- Support the placement of young people into entrepreneurial opportunities;
- Ability to motivate youth;
- Support all aspects of the Pilot program and participate in team activities; and,
- Other responsibilities in response to Project needs, including helping and supporting other staff with the training and management of youth as needed.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree or experience in Business Management or Entrepreneurship;
- Experience in facilitating training and leading participatory, hands-on activities for youth;
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills;
- Strong commitment to helping young people to succeed, develop livelihood skills, and to make a difference in their community;
- Experience working with youth in local community settings; and,
- Experience with entrepreneurship and small business development and training/coaching preferred.
Note: Contract duration 10 months with extension possibility