Since 2018, the Iraqi Al-Amal Association has been partnering with YouthBuild International, Caritas Iraq, and project leader Catholic Relief Services to implement the USAID-funded Shared Future project in five project locations in the Ninewa Plains. The goal of the initiative is to help diverse and cohesive Ninewa Plains communities attain durable returns. The project was designed as a pilot to test approaches to fostering durable returns and to identify promising practices that could be scaled. IAA and YBI have led the youth livelihoods training component of the project. To date, 300 youth have participated in the youth livelihoods training, including leadership training, 12 weeks of either work readiness or entrepreneurship training, and 12 weeks of coaching as youth start up small business enterprises or work in internships. Given positive results to date, the project has been extended for the next three years, and
Help support young people to have a successful experience in the program. Work collaboratively with project team to help ensure the smooth functioning of the program and schedule on a day to day basis. Assist with administrative, program, and monitoring and evaluation responsibilities as requested. Please send CV as soon as possible to Iraqi Al Amal association at:
The overall task of the Ninewa Project Leader is to provide continuity and leadership of all project, technical, and operational activities. In this role, the Ninewa Project Leader shall:
- Provide overall leadership and technical direction for the program, including leading the strategic planning, ensuring program quality, managing implementation, and guiding reporting and monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) activities.
- Develop professional relationships and further program goals and objectives.
- Oversee program administration, human resources management, and finances with the Shared Future Coordinator to ensure alignment with IAA policies and procedures.
- Communicate effectively with other project partners and collaborate as requested to provide positive visibility of project activities.
- Lead field staff by coordinating with teams from the three training centers (in Bartella, Qaraqosh, and Telkeif) to implement all program activities based on work plan and project objectives. Support smooth operation of the program and manage essential needs of the three training centers.
- Conduct frequent field visit each week or daily if needed to monitor program quality and implementation
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in related field. specifically business administration
- Five years of professional management experience, ideally with leading or supporting teams and/or livelihoods training or non-profit experience.
- Ability to travel between Ninewa Plains villages and sub-districts to monitor all program activities with field teams in targeted locations.
- Experience in MEL, especially tracking indicators to ensure program quality and meeting program goals based on the MEL plan.
- Good skills in tracking expenditures against proposed budget for Shared Future program observing cash flow by field teams.
- Experience in simultaneously manging multiple tasks.
- Spoken and written English fluency required.
Please follow below instruction to apply for the position:
- Please use current email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) to submit your CV.
- State the position headline and location you are interested to apply in email subject, Ex (Headline position) (Location) then send.
- Do not send multiple emails with for same position.
- Do not apply on behalf of other individuals.
- Submission ends in October 20 2020